- Media coverage: sani2c nonstop announcement
The KAP sani2c 3-day mountain bike race is a much-loved stage race in South Africa, and last month they announced that they would be reintroducing the sani2c nonstop in 2022. We ensured that every mountain bike media in SA carried the story.
- Media coverage: Hyper-personalisation in retail. Are we there yet?
We were happy to get media exposure for Fixel, the innovative online sneaker store using Artificial Intelligence to power their personalised shopping experience. Read about the latest developments in online retailing.
- Media coverage: Bruce Whitfield’s The Money Show
Our client BOS Brands had an interview on Bruce Whitfield’s The Money Show on Radio 702 and Cape Talk.
- Press release: BOS Brands launches BOSpresso® with Rainforest Alliance Certification
BOS is excited to share a new product, BOSpresso® , and to announce that its hot tea products will now carry the Rainforest Alliance seal.
- Media coverage: Trailblazing riders conquer mountains to inspire women cyclists
Tegan Phillips and Renata Bossi from WGBB took part in the KAP sani2c, sharing their journey on social media in order to encourage other women to take on mountain bike stage race events. Maryann Shaw chatted to them and wrote this article, featured as the Saturday Profile in Daily Maverick.
- Press release: PYGA Euro Steel and Motorlease Perigon secure the KAP sani2c titles
PYGA Euro Steel’s Matthys Beukes and Gert Heyns and Motorlease Perigon’s Robyn de Groot and Amy McDougall are the 2021 KAP sani2c champions.
- Press release: Beukes and Heyns extend their lead at KAP sani2c Stage 2
Another exciting finish in the men’s race at stage 2 of the KAP sani2c, but PYGA Euro Steel’s Matthys Beukes and Gert Heyns managed to extend their overall lead by nearly 4 minutes as they charged across the line in a time of 03:24:32 (GC 06:14:45).
- Press release: Nail biting finish at KAP sani2c Stage 1
It was a sprint finish as the PYGA Euro Steel team of Matthys Beukes and Gert Heyns took the stage win at day one of the KAP sani2c today, in a time of 02:50:13, just two seconds ahead of teammates Philip Buys and Pieter du Toit.
- Media coverage: Torpedo SwimRun Moon 2021
In April 2021, we undertook a small brand-building project for Torpedo SwimRun around their Moon event which was to take place in Gauteng.
We identified the journey of Thina Mananyetso as a great story to share, and enlisted the help of extreme swimmer Ryan Stramrood to assist Thina on a journey to conquer the Torpedo SwimRun Moon.
- An exciting 2021 KAP sani2c in store
After 2020 saw a number of shake-ups amongst South Africa’s professional mountain bikers, many have settled into new teams and are ready to race KAP sani2c next month. The organisers are delighted to be hosting the usual sani2c magic, both for those looking for the ride of their lives, and for the professional teams who had very little racing last year.
- Press release: Torpedo SwimRun Moon making waves in Gauteng
Adventurous sportspeople in Gauteng are readying themselves for Torpedo SwimRun Moon presented by OUTsurance, a swimrun event that takes place on Sunday 25 April at Cradle Moon Lakeside Reserve in Muldersdrift.
- Personal Branding: Ryan Stramrood, WOWSA Award nomination
In January 2021, Ryan Stramrood, extreme swimmer and inspirational speaker, was nominated for an international open water swimming award, and Maryann Shaw Communications used the nomination to do some further brand-building PR for Ryan.
- Media Coverage: Richard Murray at Torpedo SwimRun KnockOut
Through the etv feature and an SABC TV feature about the Torpedo SwimRun, the event’s new sponsor OUTsurance received significant media exposure.
- Case Study: Glamtrails, walking tours in the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley
Services: PR and social media management
The challenge: Gillian Faichnie from Glamtrails approached us in July 2019, needing to market their new business – walking tours with wine and food experiences in the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley in the Western Cape.
- Case Study: The 2018 KAP sani2c, 3 day mountain bike stage race
Maryann Shaw Communications was brought on board the sani2c media team less than a month before the event in May 2018, in order to assist with brand-building PR.
By identifying relevant media angles of interest to an audience wider than MTBers, we were able to gain extensive media coverage for the event across multiple channels.